Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday afternoon

Woo...I say that a whole lot. Today was a woo day. Time changed first. So off to church at the new 6:30 but was really 5:30. Arrived at 7 and started hospitality stuff. Today a visiting Free Meth. collage choir from Greenville, Il. sang and we prepared a little big more for them. Beautiful kids singing beautiful music.

Pizza for lunch was ordered for them and Mark needed clean up people so.... we were the clean up people eating with the kids. Fun...fun. So...I've already had a sleep and now am ready for the Ohio St. Mich. St. game. Should be a good one I hope. And choir director Mark is singing at the opera and then he's off to Germany for a week to hear his favorite female person sing. Some people do lead different lives. Crazy world but room for all of us. Preacher Darren preached a wonderful sermon on radical hospitality. Woo...it was a good one. He had some interesting thought provoking information on poverty. His brain is full.

This week...hum...got to think. Worked on the quilt top almost every minute I was home. I hit the jack pot on fabric Thursday. Favorite person Jo and husband are moving to Atlanta and having an open house today and Thursday moved her stash of fabric on to me.. She is a beauitful quilter and now I have beautiful stuff and a whole bunch of it. She said and I would agree that I won't be at the fabric store for a long time. That happened Thursday evening so Friday I sorted and ironed all day. Then yesterday another favorite friend Beth called and said she was unloading her fabric and moving it to my house. Woo...What gifts. So HOLD the fabric friends.

First meeting for the 2012 Kenya Carnival at Sec. Presb. on Labor Day weekend is Monday. I always like to go to show my support. I don't need another job but I think an old lady at the meeting is important. I can do that. Friday I go back to Doc. Lehman for my foot. The brace I think is helping but the foot is really sore when it's not on. I would think it will take a lot of time for the tendon to say..."HEALTH". That's about it from HIllsdale Dr. this time.

1 comment:

Dee said...

Good news about the fabric. That will mean a lot of fun times are ahead!

The red buds are out along the driveway -- at the spot where we got the forsythia. Spring is here more every day!