Interesting week to say the least. Quilt top continues to grow slowly. The longer I do it the better I like it. That's encouragement to say the least in connecting all 81 patches. I'm up to almost 36 at this point. Tuesday I spent some cleaning time at the new preacher's house. It's a charming little old nugget not to far from the church. Wed. was church desk and handbells...Thursday soup kitchen and choir...Friday was clean out the flower beds and I really got a bunch of stuff pulled up and raked out pulled up and most beds sort of ready for spring besides working on the quilt. NCAA basketball is in full swing so that also took care of part of Thursday and Friday and now Sat.
Now the following ends up in the plus column. So...here's the story. 3 weeks ago I went to Indy Ortho to try to determine why my foot has been on the fritz for about 2 months. Doc. Lehman game me a brace to wear which really has helped but has not eliminated the problem. So...we discussed on Fri. what the options are and sometime next week I'll get a shot of cortisone. Yahoo. it usually is a miracle worker. All the eggs are in the basket and am hoping for the best. That happens sometime next week. The second event!!!! Friday night I felt a little twinge in my chest thinking that all the garden work during the day or maybe all that repetitive hand sewing was the cause. It just hurt when I moved a little. Well, around 4 am this morning Wooo...woke up with a horrible pain in my chest. Got up...walked around for a while wondering what was going on and finally thought...dah...just get on with it so woke Doug and we were off to the heart hospital. The short story is ...after xrays...lots of blood work...talk with the cardiologist...I probably pulled a muscle when gardening. And...it's right over my heart. It must have been a big pull. So...Tylenol is keeping the pain under control Doc. said...If there is any unexpected pain between your head and feet...time to see the emergency room doc. So...anyone who reads this remember the doc. Thank you heart for remaining healthy.
Then around 8 this morning off to IU North for my usual bloodwork for Doc. Goens. Wooo...three hospital related visits in less than 24 hrs. That must be a record.
The garden weeds are still in piles...need to get them into the garbage containers at some point. Not in a big hurry.
Oh, yes. another Friday thing. It's been 80 degrees for most days this week and the flowering bushes are all out in beautiful form. So...no flowers from the florist reserved for Sunday services so...Sunday there will be forsythia, star magnolias, flowering pears and more. The arrangements are huge and look so spiffy in the sanctuary on either side of the altar. I call them southern arrangements because they have no definite form and one can see and the air can flow through them My car was a mess after taking all that stuff to church so did a little car clean up today. It was unfit for the living. So...back to sewing and watching Ohio State play.
Saturday, March 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad it was a chest muscle above the heart. The heart is a muscle, too -- so, continue to be alert!
I hope the foot continues to heal. We are lucky to have good medical care around!
Post a Comment