Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wed. at church

Really sort of nice to just sit a spell. Yesterday afternoon I helped Sarah Ellen finish closing up 8 trunks that will eventually be sent to Eldoret. What a job. Sem said getting them all closed up allowed her to get to bed at 2:30 THIS MORNING. She was working on a presentation she needs to give to the US ambassador upon arriving in Nirobi. In the past she has not gone to bed the night before leaving for Kenya. How does she do it all. It's impressive and I could in no way keep up with her. She is taking 4 trunks with her and I will try to find someone eventually to take the other 7. Joe took 3 with him as well. So...we packed a lot of stuff. Today is always a bit sad knowing that I won't see her for another 6 months. It's great to have such a good friend. I need sponsors to send me back to Kenya. The next time would be for 2 months. Doug hasn't heard it yet but with little money...he doesn't need to worry. So...shell out folks! I get lonesome for that place. I've been doing a bit of sewing learning how to do machine quilting. Its fun and I think easy to do on small pieces. Big pieces are more difficult. I'm waiting on dimensions to do the next 4 wall hangings for the treatment rooms at Moe University. I continue to meet the quota of filling garbage cans with trimmings from the garden. There still is lots to do. I'm thinking about Advent at church and typed up some instructions for folks who will be working while we are in Georgia for Advent's first Sunday. We'll finish up decorating when we get back. I need to think about the Xmas Tree at our house. Always great to come home after Georgia and have it finished.

No comments: