Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The next Tuesday.

The last I time I looked there is no grass growing under my feet. Thank goodness. A few things have been happening. Since last time...I finished two banners for church that had been waiting in my closet for two years. Just needed to get moving on it and make decisions which I did. Bits and pieces were finished but they needed to be attached to some beautiful green velvet. They are now hanging at church and I hope to get them in the sanctuary by Sunday. Another thing...one of our ministers...Lisa has been assigned to a new church starting April 1. Big loss for us but just a wonderful opportunity for her. The youth wanted to give her a stole and now you know the rest of the story. They printed hand prints on fabric and I have gotten the stole together finishing all that I could just a few minutes ago. The sewing machine is at the shop for it's checkup so I can't do the final stitching until it returns and that should happen before the presentation date. All the hand work is finished so that will go on the back burner for a few days. I went to the monthly meeting of the quilt guild last Friday and brought home some Charity quilts that need to be tied. They are given to people/babies, etc. Good thing to have to do if the sewing machine is gone. Did a little house cleaning...just a little and taking a break for a few minutes. This morning I went to church to talk to a group of ladies about the Community Rm. kitchen. It is worn out and needs to be gutted. So...I'm compiling a list of things that would work for us in the kitchen area. The situation is that the changes might be made after I'm 80 years old. I'm just doing what I'm told to do. I ordered canned food items to be delivered to church on Thursday morning. I try to do that about every 6 weeks. The shelves are empty. It's a $1,000.00 order. Uck...getting those cans on the shelves is a pain in the neck. I always try to have help. It's a huge job. We are having warmer weather although the snow is still here. The huge ice storm residual has really slowed down the melting. But the warmer air is really appreciated. Oops...one more thing. Saturday sister Mary K and I went to the Carmel Palladium to here the Carmel symphony in their new hall. That's one amazing place and the hall provides a wonderful foundation supporting the best sounds coming from the orchestra along with a wonderful piano rendition. Just a really fun evening with great music.

No comments: