Monday, February 21, 2011

The next Monday...

Not quite a week but close enough. Sunday, the banners that we hung last week looked wonderful. We have new lighting in the sanctuary and the new spots really shine big time on the front arches where the banners were hung. They are smashing.

Last week and this week are still sewing machineless. Boo Hoo. I'm reading lots of quilting books and got three novels to read. I'm on the second one. Interesting writing about a group of five ladies and how their friendships and living developed around yarn. Nice easy, interesting writing.

I did hit the fabric store this morning for the early bird discount. I'm spending my children's inheritance. Got that kids? Just a lot of fun fabric two pieces being for Easter Placemats for Kat. This set is going to be simple compared to the Val. St. Pat. set I gave her a couple of weeks ago. The fabric is cut and ready to hit the sewing machine along with the stole for Lisa. Great basketball yesterday with Purdue beating Ohio State. But the girls team lost by one point. More ball tonight. Lots of rain today and it's cold and rainy. Just something different in the middle of the winter. It's sleet/rain/snow and more just about 30 miles north. We escaped.

I've been following a blog written by a young teacher living in Copper Harbor. They had gale force winds of 60 and 70 miles last week. And she did a video of herself on snowshoes being blown across the ice covered harbor from the lighthouse to her house at the end of the harbor. She is laughing most of the way. The ice is quite thick with ice fishing and the water/ice so clear she said she could see to the bottom of the lake in the harbor. You have got to love those hardy souls that love the cold and hunt outdoor things to do in that part of the country.

Her blog is at http://www.daharbor.blogspot.com/

Your can find her video within her entry. It's just crazy and will give you a picture of winter on the harbor.

2 comments:

regena slater said...

Lela what is the name of the book you're reading and the author.. sounds interesting!

Jared said...

Have fun and burn up that inheritance.