It's almost at the end of the week again. Happens 52 times a year! Dah! Lots going on this week. Soup kitchen yesterday was once again a fun time. We laugh at each other all the time. Lots of new people came to eat and we had enough food for all. Thursday has the best help. We work hard but just enjoy getting the job completed in time for the 11:00 opening time.
This week we have been collecting quotes on garage door and doors for the rest of the house. They are all way past unsatisfactory. So...the next few weeks should see some changes around here. I would hope the house would be warmer this winter. Way to many leaks.
Last fall I joined the Indianapolis Quilters Guild and was given a ton(almost) of 6 inch squares all with different fabrics. Last week I decided to make yo, yo patches with them. They are time consuming but fun to make so now the little basket is full and I'm going to keep going for a while. They are 1 1/2 inches across when completed. I hope to make a vest or something like that with them some day. I'll need hundreds and hundreds. I think I'm up to around 75. Should be good for sitting with a healing knee in a few weeks. I think yo,yos look very Victorian which I certainly am not.
The cane continues to be a huge help. It's a bummer when it comes to carrying things which takes two hands. I've figured out that putting things in a bag is a solution. (I'm remembering my old neighbor Annie, when I was very young, who walked with a cane because of sore knees. I must be that old lady now. My dad kept his knees wrapped for a long time. I remember them being huge which my knee matches well. ) Wed. night Eric and Kat and kids came out for supper. We had a blast. I made some Toy Story things for Andrew, dug potatoes with Andrew helping and discovering how sweetcorn grows and how squash and tomatoes grow. Andrew was most expressive when he realized where the sweetcorn and potatoes came from. Doug dug and Andrew picked through the potatoes. We did a lot of picking tomatoes, and squash. We also moved some chairs around so that one will work for me in the sewing room after 9/9. It sleeps (sitting up) just as well as the futon did. The futon is going to Goodwill or somewhere like that. It was replaced with a chair much smaller fitting the room better.
Today I'm working with the car insurance co. Seems that a person abruptly turned into their drive way on Meridian street Wed...the next car came to a quick stop and I being the third car didn't quite make it to a quick stop stage but hit the second car. Booo, Hoooooo. If I had had another foot I would have made it. My hood has a little crimp. But the radiator was not messed up. That fix might just happen when my knee gets fixed. Goodness...it's garage door...inside doors...car...and knee. We should be good to go in a few months. OOPs...forgot...add cataracts to that fixed part. I found out Monday that should happen after the knee. Good grief. Christmas should be the best one ever. It's big time maintenance time for a lot of things. Last year was Doug's turn...It's my turn now. I hope to get a 15 year warrenty at least.
Last Thursday I went to a wonderful presentation on quilt fusing. The presenter was Laura Wasilowski from Wisconson...She is a female Garrison Keeler. Funny,funny lady. Amazon.Com is sending me one of her books...$4.00 by amazon...$27.00 from her. Looking forward to reading more on fusing. I should check out the library today for fusing information. That's after I talk to the insurance co. Uck.
Goodness I'm wordy this morning. Time to see what the TV is thinking is going on in the world. One thing I do know...It's cold in Copper Harbor. 50's at night...It's hot in Indy once again. 90's for sure. Fans keep running.
Friday, August 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment