Friday, June 11, 2010

Beautiful weather

That continues to be wonderful for plants and gardeners. I can't remember a summer so happy to be on good weather behavior. We have about 2 or 3 dry days and then a summer thunder storm with just the correct amount of rain. Then it just repeats itself. We just had the rain part this afternoon. This morning I really tryed my best to clean up one of the forsythia bushes. I filled a huge garbage container with bush. More to go but I'm on the way. I've got to wait on next weeks garbage day. Then I tore out some old lettuce and planted more. That usually isn't a good thing for the hot summer months but who knows what will happen this summer. Gardening is a gamble anyways. It's trim and clip and move plants and then just a great repeat. Went grocery shopping and Doug said Steak and Shake tonight. I'm doing some sewing from quilt pieces that Peg gave me. Already cut fabric and she just got bord with the sewing part. Most of the fabric from Sylvia G has found a home of sorts. One more pile to go. I should have included it in the Luthern Church stuff. I'll just make another trip. I made two little quilts and 8 bibs for her twin granddaughters from her fabric. She'll get them Sunday. Bread and Bowl was interesting Thursday. All sorts of folks come. Some are just fine and some have mental problems more so then usual. We had a huge blow up on Tuesday so I was ready for the unexpected Thursday. And it came big time. No one solution fits all. Infact it takes as many solutions sometimes as we have people. Keeps one on their toes for the hr. that we are open. It got very, very explosive on Tuesday and only explosive on Thursday. That was a good thing. We were ready to say the least. We're dealing with fractured people for an hr. who come to B and Bowl. It's another day in the neighborhood as Mr. Rogers would say.

No comments: