Monday, March 22, 2010

A few things happening.

Yes...a few things have happened. Still making quilt tops and hope to get another one put together today. I cut all the fabric yesterday while watching basket ball. Woo...3 Big Ten teams are in the sweet sixteen. And...two Indiana teams, Butler and Purdue are still in the hunt. The next games will be tough for sure. Well, come to think of it a bunch of tough games have already been played.

Doug bought a new truck. His was 6 years old and a huge repair was done last week with more to come so he traded his gray in for a white. This morning at 6:20 he got a pick up from the eye clinic to have laser surgery done on his eye. It seems as sometimes happens, cataracts are growing once again over his eyes. Laser should take care of that. It's one today and maybe one tomorrow. He'll find out today about the second one.

This week I'll be spending a bit more time at church getting ready for Palm Sunday. Then...Holy week. That's always a big work time.

Prayers for Andrea Woo who is what seems to be the last stages of renal failiar. Such a special choir friend who discovered a few months ago that her kidney was being attacked by cancer. The second one has failed and she is hospitalized. Husband Tom is an Orthapedic surgeon who has given me such good knee advice and both are such super people, Andrea working in Bread and Bowl on Tuesdays and choir member Tom just tuned in to a whole lot of what goes on at North. Both need much prayer support.

Knees...Humm...what to do. The right is totally worn out and needs a total replacement. Do I do it in the spring or fall. The closer spring comes the better fall sounds. SEM is back from Eldoret in May and I want to be available to do things with her. So...late August is looking good. I tilled the gardens and planted potatoes...First ever...and I got through that pretty well. The good part of all this is that the knee damage is done and I can't do more than what is already there so the doc says. Tom W gave me some new Ortho Indy Docs. to call. He said he would trust them with his knees and that's good enough for me. So...that's it from here. The sewing machine is calling, I hear rain outside and later this morning I'm off to get the bed liner in the truck. Doug will be home late afternoon.

No comments: