Time sure moves along quite quickly. This week friend Sarah Ellen went back to Eldoret Kenya. Well, Joe went also. I have my little red car back and it sure beats the Spider that I was driving. What a tank with a convertible top. Ofcourse I didn't undo the top. Now it's sitting in the garage and the owner isn't home so the little red is sitting outside. Brrrr. SEM and I shopped until we dropped at Once Upon a Child...Toys, toys for a new children's playroom at the hospital.
This week was a week of getting Christmas back in the box at church. At least a hundred nativity sets were packed along with other decorations taken down. Today should finish the job. Now...the Russell household hasn't been touch and I'm not in a hurry to do that. I love the lights. I finished the 28th bib for babies. They are so cute. Three years ago I worked on 6 Christmas banners for church. The construction was horrible done with directions from a friend and they are one baggy mess so...I've taken them all apart and putting them back together another way. Might work and might not. The selection of fabric is so important and I might need to stabelize everything before I put them back together. It could help...It could not help. It's always a guess.
Worked at the church desk. So many people needing so much help wanting the church or lady at the front desk to fix everything for them. It's a bit discouraging. But we offer what we can. We just can't fix what has been undone by our visitors. Some come in crying. It could be a ploy or it could not. Impossible to really know. I would imagine that it will get worse. It's money for car gas, heat, rent, food, bus passes. I should be able to handle one day a week with this but we'll see. One of our staff members works on this but there is just not enough of anyone to go around.
Tomorrow is church. Kevin is having a series of sermons of Biblical Wisdom for Challenging Economic Times. Check the pod cast. The west entrance display case has a wonderful collection of antique banks and bibles that really look interesting. That was a fun thing to do. I found some banks at the Dollar Store and broke them. The antique collection comes from one of the parishoners. And I am starting to work on some visuals for Lent. I'm hoping for 4 foam core boards 4X4 with a theme for each Sunday hung in the west entrance. I have the design done. The fifth Sun. in Lent will include a barbed wire crucifix that one of our ministers made years ago. It's really makes a statement.
So...enough for this time on the blog. It's a little messy outside. Rain with perhaps a bit of ice.
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment