Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tuesday again.

Good grief. I knew I was busy but the days just got away from me. I can't remember all of it. Sat. night I went to the symphany with sister Mary K. Sunday it was the opera with Doris D. And inbetween it all I started another pulpit banner that I just could sit and work on it every waking moment. Such fun. Kevin wanted a white banner for funerals and we have a beautiful gold on that he has been using but white comes up in conversations all the time. So...I got my act together, looked through my material and found enough stuff to make a pulpit hanging. I've bought sequins and gold thread but that's it with the exception of some white muslin I bought for backing. The banner is white covered with gold sequins, a big gold sequined alpha and omega...God being with us from our beginning to our end and many gold crowns on the lower portion of the banner stitched with two different colors of gold thread. It's been such an intereting project. I know how to sew hundreds of sequins. I finished one box of 450 and I'm on to the second one. It's a sparkling addition to our collection of banners. Still work to do but it's coming along. It's been an evolving project. Tonight I'm joining a group of people at church in a book study lead by Ellen D-H and Kevin Armstrong. They are the best teachers. The book is Christianity and the Social Crisis in the 21st Century. Walter Rauschenbusch is the writer. Each chapter has some additional comments written reflecting on what W. R has written. I'm going to get some learning for sure.

No comments: