These weeks are just flying by. It's crazy. Last night Eric/Kat and Andrew came for supper. Andrew's vocabulary is exploding. What a funny little guy. He pulled out a little stuffed dog and told it to "STAY". He loves the stairs and knows enough to back down and told Doug to do the same, which he did! What a crazy grandpa.
I continue to work on the stuffed animal shipment to Kenya. The project just gets funnier and funnier. And I'm ready for it to be finished. The container carrying stuffed animals for Christmas's gifts will not arrive until January. Plan two. Retreive animals from the shiping company and send three trunks traveling with medical students going in Nov. So...the challenge now is stuffing 100 animals into a trunk. Max. to send will be 300. The animals were ALL out of the house at some point last week and now 300 are back. Uck. The other 400 animals will arrive by container.
I've spent most of the mornings at church this past week on some sort of project. Two mornings were front desk work. Yesterday I took grasses and hydrangea to create altar arrangements. That's because the reservation book had no altar reservations and I love to make a contribution from what I can find in the garden. Looks less contrived. So it's two arrangements in two wonderful pottery pots with two kinds of pink hydrangea at the base of a tall stand of ornamental grasses. They are at least 5 ft tall.
Bell practice as usual Wed. night. Thurs. morning was soup kitchen and Ellen and I spent time on the Circle in Indy in an initiative for hunger concerning children of Indianapolis as well as children in western Kenya in the Umoja Project. Our table display was picked up by the Indianapolis Star and posted on their web site for Oct. 16 in the multi media part of their web site. Yahoo. The picture is my secreen saver at this point.
We had gourd bowls of beans and corn and barley, lots of pictures all surrounded with colorful Kenyan fabrics. I must say it was well done. Then it was the last day of farmers mkt. and choir practice.
Tomorrow is our finance drive at church for 2009. Lots of music and a small orchestra. It should be fun. Rehearsal this morning. North has been known for it's use of the classics in music but not Sunday. It's typical gospel music with an orchestra and a full set of drums. I'm already looking forward to my regular Sun. afternoon nap...then it's COLTS!
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Gospel???
At North??????
I think you may need to import a few Georgians to make it real . . .
Post a Comment