Saturday, May 17, 2008
May 17
Goodness almost a month of no blog. That's not good to keep all my friends informed. And I've got lots to talk about. Tomorrow is the last time this spring the handbells play at church. We are doing a very difficult piece and we've practiced it till it's memorized! That's a lot. Tomorrow is Adam's first birthday. We're missing it. The party is this afternoon and I know he will receive lots of attention. Jacob's birthday is the 26th. We'll see the kids the weekend of the 31st. It's called saving gas time. Gardening season is in full force. I've been having such fun. The corn is planted, the beans and redbeets are up and some of the flower seeds are also up. That doesn't mean I've missed the green houses. Some new perinnials this spring. I've always seem to need to plant something new. Yesterday and today I edged most of the flowerbeds. Wow...I have muscles I never knew I had in my back. I think I'm more obsessive complusive. Obsessed on getting it done and Cumplusive...getting it done now. Eric has some hostas that I didn't need. This week I drove to the Sullivans at Logansport for goard plants. When I arrived, they were eating morelle mushrooms that they found in their woods. Well, I asked if we could go morelle hunting and ofcourse they said yes. And I found a whole bunch. What fun. That was my first tast of morelles and hunting them. I was a bit disappointed in the eating part but the hunting certainly made up for that. The woods was beautiful with all the spring wildflowers everywhere. What a treat. Doris Douglas gave us some money to buy a membership at the zoo so Wed. afternoon I did that. It's four adults and all the grandchildren on the membership. And...ofcourse I needed to go all through the zoo to see everything Wed. afternoon. It was late in the day, a little cool and all the school children were gone. What a treat just to stroll anywhere I wanted to go. The landscaping is beautiful with thousands of prennials. The buttlefly house was just so much fun. I'm still doing a little sewing, working on finishing a pulpit banner. No hurry on this one and the preacher stole still needs to be finished up. All the handwork is finished. I'd much rather be outside so the house looks a bit neglected. I'm reading Obama's book Dreams from my Father. One worth reading. Tonight is our regular Panera run for pastries used during Hospitality time at church. I've had a shower so the flowerbeds are off limits. Can't get dirty. Tomorrow morning it's be at the church at 7am. Bell rehearsal at 7:30. Busy, busy as usual. That's the way I like it. The news channels are driving me crazy with all this political stuff. Sometimes I just turn it off but then wonder what is happening...Usually it's NOTHING happening, just a whole bunch of talk.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment