Saturday, March 1, 2008

Woo...time flies

The biggest event of the week is hearing that Kenya seems to have turned the corner. That news will benifit so many people and the Kenyans are celebrating right along with us. What a pressure cooker they have been in since the election. Not good for one's health.

Much of this week was spent at the sewing machine. Woo. Woo. One of my favorite places. I designed and sewed a stole for Janet Wanner to wear. She now is on the staff at church . Wonderful ministry is happening for children. Janet is from the Church of God and is needing liturgical vestments. This stole will be her first. It's made out of batik fabrics most of them but not all green, with many, many different stiched in gold crosses all over the stole. I really, really, enjoy doing this kind of work. Creates time for lots of thinking. Usually I'm way to busy doing.

I need to finish a tractor pillow for Jacob and get it on it's way. He's a CARS and JOHN DEERE tractor boy.

Made a trip to the skin doctor yesterday. I had some spots on my face that kept reminding me that I needed to check them out. Well, yesterday was the day and she cut two out and sent them on to the lab. Something tells me that the spots are nothing to worry about. It's just good to take precautions. In the 60's I was out sunning almost every day and now I'm outside in the garden every day. No sun screen for me but that may need to change.

Sister Mary K. (not a nun) continues to recuperate from back surgery that happened two days after arriving home from Mexico. It's a slow recovery but she really is doing fine. I'm taking her Mexican pastries from time to time. Yum, yum. I'm discribing the memory. She's doing the eating.

Hip , Hip, Hooray...the snow is leaving and the sun is out. And. I've put my winter coat back in the closet. I'm sure to get it out again but I just don't like to be bundled up when not needed.

In the next post I hope will announce that all the grandbabies and JB are well again. Way to much flu and ear problems in the family. Kimmy...wash your hands.

No comments: