Monday, March 10, 2008

Obsessing.

Yes...obsessing with sewing. Is it called obsessing when it's really fun? In the past two weeks I made Janet Wanner two stoles, one for Easter/Eastertide (gold and white)and one for the green ordinary time that follows Eastertide. I used many batik fabrics and gold ribbon floss. Janet is delighted and I really had fun designing them and sewing. I call it coloring with fabric. Now I am on to thinking decorating at church for Easter. My dear Patty Hefner friend who usually does this, with me being the gopher is in Arizona until April. So...it's my head spinning at this point. We are hanging some great spring colorful banners with ribbons and I've put together two processional butterfly poles the children will follow into church. I also just finished something new for the large cross on the lawn at the corner of 38th and Meridian. It's an 8 sided frame made from pcv ? pipe about 30 inches wide with white kite fabric stretched across and sewn to the frame. On the white fabric is a very large butterfly with many colorful streamers attached to the frame. It should be very noticable. It's something I saw in a book. Today I covered some grapevine crosses with silk dogwood and ivy for the west entrance doors. I think I'm ready for the put up crew Sat. before Easter. The next big event I need to think about is purchasing about 30 potted flowers for the altar Easter Sunday. This will be interesting to see what is in the stores so early in the year. The flowers go to shut in folks after the service. Tonight I finished a new banner that will be hung NEXT year. Crazy isn't it. It's a great three kings banner with Middle Eastern hats instead of crowns. Makes me laugh when I look at it. I told Doug... All my begun projects are finished. I'll think of something, that's for sure. I've got to keep the fingers flying. I could start a quilting project. Now it's time for coffee and a basket ball game and then to bed. What a great day.

2 comments:

Brother Cassian said...

Wow! What a productive day! The projects sound spectacular. Maybe a relative can get some photos and post them for your readers on this blog . . .

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day. I would also love to see pictures of your finished projects. Hopefully we'll see you soon.