Tuesday, September 11, 2018

9/!!

Some memories don't go away.  Like where I was when this all happened...Church Youth Rm. watching TV with the church staff not wanting to think that what I was seeing was true.  Not such a hot memory.  So...today I didn't watch much TV.  Played outside which was just so much fun.  That is playing in the dirt.  Continue to move sun plants into the new spaces.  Planted 9 Alium bulbs...swamp milkweed and more.  I think the spaces are well served with plants from other places in the garden and there will be space for annuals.  Last evening went to a wonderful Monarch talk at a Master Gardener meeting with neighbor Judy.  It was just the best with speaker Kylee Baumle from Ohio.  Her book is on Amazon   The Monarch: Survival of a Species.  It's the best that I have found and follows her lecture to the letter.  So my interest continues.  This afternoon I harvested a slew of seeds to plant next summer.  Sad to think that will not happen for a few months.  And once again...filled a garbage can with stuff that needs to go from the flower beds.  Starting the fall clean up.  Tomatoes continue although there was a deer that visited the garden last night.  Some stuff has been smashed.  There is no place for a deer in my garden.    But...guess they were here before us.  It's been a great play day.  New washer and dryer are working well after arriving today.  Our 3rd set in 51 years.  We unpluged the sink this afternoon and Doug put our new licence plate on the car and got his monthly iron shot.   Lots to do.  Tomorrow I'm meeting with teacher friends for lunch.  We taught 1st grade together about 35 years ago.  Great fun memories when we were younger.  Now that's not the case.  We're older.  NOT OLD!!!! 

1 comment:

Mom/Nana Schaard said...

Pretty good to just be starting on your 3rd set in 51 years. I am still on my second set in 45 years. I have been reading up on Monarch Butterflies. That book sounds interesting. Will have to get it. Didn't watch much TV today either. Still so sad about what happened on 9/11. Have fun tomorrow!