Weather continues to be wonderful with the garden just being a magnificent place to find LOTS of butterflies, hummingbirds, nuthatches, and beautiful flowers of every color. Yes...the ivy is out as of today. All the ivy that needs to go. I think at least 60 fern plants left our garden for someone else's garden and I could give away even more. They were hiding under the ivy. Woo...Now...a few hostas need to go. We had a wonderful two days of rain so the last ivy pull wasn't as hard as the first. Now the fun begins with the brain trying to figure out what is going in the ground. Tues...invited some good friends to enjoy the garden. What a hoot of a time. I love my friends. Some I've known for 50 years. Thurs. was soup kitchen with lot of great friends who live in the church area. The guys are so polite. I love soup kitchen time. Two showers today...I was a very dirty lady with unknown dirt even on my face. Working under bushes can be a very dirty place. Tomatoes are coming on strong as well as peppers. 5 more caterpillars are hibernating. And more caterpillars are on the dill. Woo...this is a great butterfly summer. There are such good butterfly videos on UTube.
Tomorrow is church with Friendship time resuming. And now...it's time to sit for a bit.
Saturday, August 18, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment