Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Butterflies.

Count...I think 11 Monarchs are flying somewhere.  Bought another Swamp Milkweed plant and it came with 2 more caterpillars.  They are very longMonarch caterpillars.  5 Swallow tails are waiting to become swallowtails.  I found 12 more Swallowtail caterpillars on the dill.  Must be a good butterfly summer.  Going slow on replanting.  Don't want to move things more than once.  Today I worked on the front of the house and took out plants that haven't done well since they were planted at least 25  years ago.  I think I gave them a good chance to look good.  So...they are gone. Just a small bit of ivy in the front.  Dug out and pitched a bad looking hosta.  There are a few more to go.  The weather has been great.  It's not a typical Aug weather.  Feels like UP of Michigan.  We've been eating on the patio every evening and then it's Three Thirteen card time.  Yesterday and today I got skunked!  Tomorrow is Bread and Bowl and a committee meeting at  5 pm.  Two trips to church! Wish it was one. Then it's time to move plants that were planted this spring where the shade was...Shade is gone and they get a new home in the shade. 

1 comment:

Mom/Nana Schaard said...

You have to quick letting Doug skunk you at 3-13. Fun game isn't it.