Wednesday, August 17, 2016
Now the News.
My head is spinning...not really but no grass is growing under my feet this week. That's a sure thing. The Michigan grandson...Jacob and Adam showed their sheep at their county fair and of course, their grandma and grandpa had to see all of this. So exciting so after doing a few things at church Sun. we headed on up to Midland. We got there around 5 and planned the next day's events. Up early for an 8 am arrival at the fairgrounds. So lots of judging. first the pigs for me...what fun and so many memories of pigs at the Hostetler Farm. So many stories. Then it was sheep judging. That took some time and the grandsons did a wonderful job. So much to learn and I'm sure they will do even better next year although Adam says he wants to show ducks. He should think again about this. Then afternoon stuff included sheering Oscar the Ram...dividing the older sheep from the younger sheep and then Oscar will be spending time with the ladies that should bring about January lambs. There could be 4 Romney babies along with perhaps 10 Suffice babies. Woo...more fun?...maybe if one remembers that January is cold. Then back to the fair as Jacob and Adam had clean up duty in the barn in the evening. Then back home for icecream and home made black berry jelly! Tues morning we left Mi. after all the kids got up. Woo...the garden is beautiful but now that there has been 3 weeks of no tending...today I filled a huge garbage bin with weeds and dying ferns. I suited up with as much skin covered since the bugs are just TERRIBLE. I can get bitten up in one minute. This afternoon I filled another container and now there is hope for the rest of the flowers. We had BLT's tonight with our tomatoes and cantaloupe. Yumm. NOw for the rest of the week. Tomorrow morning...Y...then soup kitchen...then hand surgery...Fri. physical with a new doctor. Sat. Wedding. Sunday church and Monday another doc appointment with the diabetic lady. Woo...Tues...I should visit Doris Douglas. And I'm ready for the rocking chair. Next Sat. I am working at the Greek Festival with the Herb Society Ladies. Hope to make pesto. Yum, yum. Now you know why no grass is growing under my feet. I thought I had retired.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment