Sunday, June 22, 2014

Woo An evA busy few days...real busy.

And one that changed from day to day.  It all started with a whole bunch of doctors appointments that all turned out well.  Then Tuesday was Andrew and Noah day which I wrote about.  Fun, fun.  Wed. got an afternoon call that JB and family was driving south and was expected to arrive around 10 pm.  What a great surprise although we were trying to make this happen and the weekends were just never cooperating.  So...Thurs. and Friday it was great family time.  Andrew and Noah were here for almost all of Friday so the fun really was 5 times over.  Kimmy has posted great pictures on her blog.  Just so many good memories.  Sat. morning Doug and I left for Ohio attending a retirement party for friend Nancy Baxter.  The Hefners invited us to FLY over with them to Cleveland.  What fun. It was just the best trip.  Patty H. and I have worked for years on visuals at church and now she is spending half of the year in AZ. so I really never have time with her to talk about all sorts of things.  So...it was two hrs of solid talk.  Loved every minute of it.  And the air trip was fabulous.  And it was just wonderful again to see Nancy.  She worked at church with Christian Ed.  I took several trips with her to Atlanta with the confirmation kids.  Memories, memories...oh, so good.  So...it was just one of those super duper trips and I should add the time with the kids was part of the super duper weekend.  We left before Kimmy and JB did and you know...when we got home the house had been swept, cleaned etc. which just made that an unbelievable surprise.  I continue to find places that I hadn't noticed was done. My brain continues to spin about the last few days.  Today our church organist Martin Ellis announced his leaving to live in Portland OR.  We will MISS him soooo much.  But like children...one needs to let him go just as we did Nancy years ago.  He will be leaving Sept. 1.  This week looks pretty clear of stuff.  Lots of rain last week so the dirt needs to be stirred.  Should be a good week to just sit on the patio and read the paper or a good book which I don't have.

No comments: