Sunday, June 29, 2014

Rain, rain...I love you

Well, the garden loves the rain also.  It never has looked better.  Everything is growing up in fine style.  Big issues this week.  Last fall we had a huge hail storm which did a lot of damage to the roof and siding.  It needed to be fixed but couldn't be fixed until we had the chimneys rebuilt.  That rebuilding resulted is a bunch of bricks left over.  So...the big project,issue this week...I'm edging the biggest garden with bricks.  That means digging a small ditch and carrying...placing...bricks.  I think I'm about half way finished with that.  The digging is easy...rain, rain.  Little by little the job gets done.  I also transplanted some JOE PIE WEED...Yup...that's the name...from Judy's garden.  She just pulls it out and I think it's a very interesting plant.  Great blooms later in the summer.  The garden in the gourd arbor is doing very well.  We should have cherry tomatoes this week.  Egg plant and beans and squash are blooming as well as the potatoes.  No deer problems anywhere this year.  It needs to continue.  There are deer in the neighborhood but I think they have changed their route to the creek.  Today is church and this afternoon is the first softball game of the year for church folks.  Just a great time to sit under the trees, visit with families and relax.  Not to much happening this week.  Well, that's the current plan.  There will probably be a trip to the library.  The books of the day are picture books of gardens.  I have a great one from the Hudson Valley.  It feeds my mind.  Interesting enough, I can find lots of plants in the pictures that I have in the garden.  If I don't recognize the name I google it.  One that I did turned out to be Bug Bane.  That's another interesting name.  It's a beautiful plant...I could use another one.  Hard to keep a gardener satisfied with what she has but I give it my best effort.  More rain today.  It's happened almost every day this past week.  Well, I could say this past month.

No comments: