Tuesday, January 7, 2014
BRRRRRRR!!!!!
Woo...has it been cold. Really, really cold. Windchill minus 40. Right now...Tues 1pm it's has risen to zero. Big whoop. I think we are past the worst. Snowed to beat the band Sunday. Church canceled and then we hit the deep, freeze part of this storm. Right now...Tues noon the house temp is 55 and it's been that way for two days. But...not complaining. We did not loose power! The shelters are open and there are people in them. The heavy snow and the amount has taken down trees. We've lost a red bud and some branches are down but none on power lines. That's the best of the best news. So...lots of clothes makes this all work well. I even wore a hat to bed which stayed on all night. I was surprised. Also...socks and the two pr. of slippers JB knitted for me stayed on my feet as well. I'm sure there are many cold folks near by. Feeding the Finch. Such hardy birds and they love that thistle seed. Two Junkos have been around as well. So maybe tomorrow I'll venture out. We should be in the 30's by Friday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment