Saturday, September 7, 2013

Sat. evening

Life is good.  Continuing to make scones...Yum, Yum.  There are so many things one can put in a scone that it is just a picnic thinking of something new.  I've also had a blast cooking from an old New England cookbook that I bought at Copper Harbor for 2 bucks.  Just good old...carrots, beets, beans, maple syrup stuff.   Oops...forgot onions.  Basic food found in early New England.  No mushrooms, and all that specialty stuff. I'm continuing on the war on ivy.  Another container ready for the garbage.  Today neighbor Judy and I  went to Tipton to a friend who raises plants to sell to retail nurseries.  She offers friends wholesale prices twice a year.  I have some beautiful things to start to plant in the front bed but need to get the soil ready.  I think I'm finished with the ivy war but will continue if the ivy doesn't stay in it's place!!!  Fun, fun.  Noah continues to visit on Tuesdays.  We just have the best time.  He loves to dig and there are many places now that he just does that.  This spring we had a great hail storm which did a lot of damage.  The car is fixed and now it's time for a new roof and chimney work.  I'll be happy when this is all finished.  Insurance folks just really did a long drag on coming through.  Church continues to keep me busy, busy.  I'm working on Christmas stuff and have a lot finished but more to do.  That's fun time just being in the groove and away from everything else.  Two more huge wreaths to go for sure and a few small things.  Early work is the secret.   

No comments: