Saturday, August 31, 2013

Groove...

I'm in groove and need to move on one of these days.  Filled two more huge containers with garden clippings.  One might think that there is no garden left but there is...More ivy, dead ferns gone and just a whole bunch of trimming.  It has been unreasonably dry so watering continues. The front of the house got it's final...I hope...tilling and I'm watching for anything coming up and so far nothing...so good.  I needed to do more digging with day lilies.  Noah's favorite thing to do is dig in the bare flowerbeds.  Keep it up kido. 
Thursday we had more people than ever...really ever...at soup kitchen. I would think over a hundred and we had enough food.  Busy, busy.  It's the end of the month and for some reason...I said let's take all of the pans out of the freezer so we had 4 pans( we usually use 3) with the last one emptied when the last person walked in the community room.  Woo...sometimes it makes me wonder...it's the 5000 we're feeding. 
Spend time that afternoon  making the two large wreaths for Xmas...moving right along.  So far I'm ahead of the game. 
Noah came on Tuesday.  What a treat.  He asked me if I was old.  Well, I gave him a none answer and then he said...Grandpa is old.  and then I told him I was older than grandpa.  Well, I got a very confused face looking at me.  Gave me a good laugh and something to remember for sure.  What a great little guy.  I love his visits. 
Making scones on a regular basis.  A bakery in Copper Harbor makes them and I found out how simple the process is.  So...we've had black berry, cheese, bacon and orange.  Yum, yum.  Doug is lovin it and neighbor Nancy is also. 

No comments: