Saturday, August 24, 2013
more stuff
I was a little brief in the last post...So...Yes...there were pancakes every morning. What fun. Needed to increase the amount this year. Bigger boys. It was a wonderful two weeks with family and friends from Novi and Copper Harbor. Now home stuff. Where to begin? I'll start today and go backwards. This afternoon I finished pulling out all the vinca, and ivy as well as some beat up hostas across the front of the house. I also dug up all the day lillies in more than one place but I did that last week. What a job. Ucky flowers for sure. That might have caused the final blow on the ailing knee. So...one of these days I'll get the tiller out and move all the dirt, add some good stuff to the soil so that it's ready to replant next spring. It's been one G Aweful mess for some years now. I think I have enough stuff from the back to move to the front with no problem but I'd like to add a few things as well keeping some of the sunny places for cut flowers. I have some time to think about this. When in michigan I gathered a lot of birch bark and drift wood and I'm using those things in the Christmas decorations at church. Yesterday I made 4 swags, took one of them to church, hung a banner, hung one swag and it's a go for one of the ideas in the sanctuary. I added some burgandy and pink silk roses and a few other things. Woo...that's the beginning of a huge project. Next week I want to work on 2 huge wreaths and get that out of the way asap. I've never started this early but I'm anticipating that after an appointment with the knee doc in Sept. there may be some knee surgery to contend with. We'll see but I want to be ready. I had lunch with my good old teaching buddies as well as a great lunch with Doris D. She is feeling so much better and is very much aware of that. So...we had a good lunch and a lot of good laughs. Tuesday Noah came to see me. That's another morning of fun. He is such a good entertainer. We made a book, read stories and just had great conversations going.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like a great life. (Except for the knee.)
Post a Comment