Once again garbage day saw three huge containers filled with stuff pulled from the flowerbeds. It's the darn ivy. It just goes on and on. Lots and lots of rain which brings the good with the bad. Planted a second tomato plant. The cantalope hit the mud, the deer are eating the beans and they even got into the corn a bit. I decided at one point to skip the garden but today got more deer repellent, squash seeds and I planted another row of g. beans. Seems the seeds got wet in one of the storms so I thought what the heck. The deer love them. I am on a roll with sewing 30 inch square baby blankets for Kenya. I have so much fabric gifted to me so I just keep on sewing. My back needs a break. Between yesterday and today I've got ten ready to go with Dr. Lemons...I think he's in Kenya right now with about 30 I made as well as others made by the ladies at Sec. Presb. Church. I can just imagine these blankets washed and drying on a bush somewhere in the country. New mothers get one after delivery at the Mother Baby Hospital in Eldoret. 11 empty trunks are back at the Mamlin household. SEM will probably bring 4 more when she comes in Oct. So...I can scratch buying trunks off the to do list. Woo, woo. First time that's happened in I would say 15 years. That's the Kenya news.
Today is the 4th. It's a none holiday for us. Doug HATES to be in crouds so the house is where he wants to be...No people but us. Can be sort of boring.
Busy at church as usual. Did two bulletin boards, one on Kenya and one with great softball pictures, as well as a table arrangement in the west entrance. Sat. I'm taking flowers to church for the altar on Sunday. No one has signed up to do this. The garden is just really exciting at this point with lots of flower options. No soup kitchen today...Yahoo!!!! That's about it.
Thursday, July 4, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment