Monday, July 22, 2013

Easy livin'

This past week seemed a bit easier.  Well, it was stinkin hot so that means...take it easy.  Went to the library on two of the afternoons.  Ate on the patio and just stayed quiet with the fan going at 100% which I think is what really happened before ac.  Doug has all the apple wood branches burned, flowerbeds look great and am trying a new trick for the deer.  Seems that we had a ton of tree branches because of Jared's apple tree project.  so I just made a big barrier around the tomatoes and beans.  Seems to be working!  Didn't cost a cent.  Today I packed my clothes for vacation.  Whoopie!  Food is gathering on the table to be packed.  That means pancake mix and syrup with just a few more things to buy.  I think all of my jobs at church are covered.  That is more than one job for sure.  Stayed with Andrew and Noah today at their place.  Noah has once again developed a horrible cough. Some day that won't happen but it's a regular visitor again.  Tomorrow they will come here for the morning.  Took a hearing test today and no change.  That's another blessing.  The aids now are at 100%.  Love it.  Wed. I'm having lunch with a long ago student teacher Moria.  She is such a gifted teacher and was that from the first time I met her.  Carmel has a gem.  Thursday is soup kitchen and we leave for Michigan on Friday...Doug's 74th birthday.  We are getting old or at least older.  Seems it goes with living.  We make it a two day trip to Mi.   Sunday night we'll be sleeping in a tent in Copper Harbor with JB, Kimmy and the grandsons as next door neighbors.  That's a winner for sure.  The packing is beginning. 

No comments: