Time to check in. Sister...Mary K. or Mary Kathryn, that I learned it is now and I traveled together to Ohio to honor the life of cousin Bernice and to be with her family for a day. A sad event in a sense but a good event in another sense. We did a lot of talking, laughing and remembering so many things about Bernice and her six children, first three boys and then three girls and a ton of grandchildren and even great granddaughter. We hit the memory road driving through that part of the country that was home to our childhood, down Schloneger Rd, among others once again seeing how beautiful the hills that are a part of Stark County really are. It was a trip over on Friday and a trip back to Indy on Sat. Woo...Sunday was a huge day for me at church. As usual Doug and I arrived around 7, set up for Hospitality time in the Community Rm. We had a record run(must be Christmas) on coffee, pastries, juice and more. At 11:00 a few of us turned the room into our first Arts event. About 8 North people displayed their particular practiced art form from photography, book writing and signing, fabric art, Imani store, CD music and concreations...check www.whispertrees.com to really understand what that means. I had to buy one. Peter and I would say that the event was a success probably to be repeated at another time and I'm hoping NOT by me although it wasn't a very hard job. Just one to be given to someone else. Then it was home for nap time and watching a football win by the Colts. Wooo. first win after 10 losses.
I did some hat sewing after washing all the fuzzy linings and I think I found the culprit. Still a little stuffy but the itching...etc. has not happened.
Today back to church at some point getting a few things ready for Christmas Eve service. A new banner will be hung, also a candle check and freshening the altar area. No rush but always trying to be ready for something unexpected that might change the rest of the week as it did last week. Teaching taught me to PLAN ahead preventing getting painted into a corner.
that's very uncomfortable.
Monday, December 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Mom, not 10 losses, but 13 in a row. They are now 1 - 13.
Your son from the north.
OOPs...just a little off. Just a little.
Post a Comment