Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Can you believe...Wed.

It seems that my blogs come every 7 days...What a habit. Today I'm at the front desk at church again. It's always a very interesting place to be. One never knows what will walk through the door. I've been having a blast on the sewing machine once again. I finished 24 blocks for Eli's quilt. This afternoon I hope to purchase more fabric to sew the blocks together. Lots of cars and trucks on this quilt. Jacob has little farmer boys...Adam has chickens and Eli's quilt is filled with cars and trucks. It's far from completed but it's on the way. I also used up the last pr. of demin jeans making another backpack. Everyone is different and just fun to see what one can make with a throw away pair of jeans one can get from Goodwill. We have a last chance place Goodwill where one can purchase by the pound. What a bargin although jeans are heavy. I'm spending time at the Y and have figured out how to read while walking and spinning. I'm reading Animal Dreams by Kingsolver. I'm up to 30 minutes walking at a pretty fast clip and spinning 30 minutes and machines every other day. My body is working much better...Yahoo.
Sarah Ellen and Joe are here from Eldoret. We delivered some empty trunks to their house Monday evening and had a great little 20 minute visit. I'm hearing often from Regina Owene who was here for heart surgery. She is doing wonderfully well back in Eldoret, climbing stairs, walking and doing even some dancing. Her favorite. Her surgery and recovery has been filled with miracle moments. When she first came before surgery, she had difficulty walking up a low incline ramp.

No comments: