Well, the Carnival is over and the temp reached 100 degrees in the afternoon. It was the hottest day I think of the year or at least it felt like it. The Carnival did well and I feel it is one of the more worthwhile efforts I make during the year. But it was HOT as @#$%@!@. Sunday evening was a wonderful time at the Macky house with a ton of friends who are associated with the Umoja Kenya project from at least 4 churches in the area. Lots of good food and wonderful conversation. Winnie and Joseph were honored guests returning to Kenya on Tuesday. Winnie was here for three month and Joseph 3 weeks. I've connected on Facebook with Regina who was here this summer for heart surgery. She is doing wonderfully well, back in Kenya walking, climbing steps and more with a heart that works. Many, many lasting friendships were made this summer.
I'm sewing, sewing. At the carnival kids design more muslin squares that now are incorporated into 15 banners that will be sent to 15 Umoja schools in western Kenya. They are beautiful and are about 70% finished. I needed to take a break from that project. I'm also working on a skirt for Kenyan friend Salome with tie dye fabric that she brought from Kenya and...another project is in the planning stages...5 small room indicator banners for the churches' first floor children's rooms. So the sewing machine stays busy. All of these projects has an element of design that I get to complete. Fun, fun. So my life stays busy. Choir practice starts Thursday evening, Bread and Bowl continues, working at the church desk on Wed. , watering flowers, eating melons and watching pumpkins ripen, working out at the Y and going out to lunch with friends.
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment