I just read Dee's blog. Funny guy. Makes me laugh.
A couple of news things...It would seem that we are going to get slammed with the mother of all ice/snow storms. Not to scary for us retired folks. No deadlines to meet, no jobs that cannot be put off for another day. The big caution is that the inch of ice predicted could bring down power lines and that would not be good. Cold in the winter is not fun. I guess we could just go to bed if that is the case.
The sewing machine has been humming. Doug says he needs to throw water on the motor to cool it off. It's not that bad but I've had fun with some new stuff. Well, old stuff come to think of it. I'm into pillows now that are covered with silk ties that are taken apart and embelished with thread. Beth G gave me some wonderful drapes that she had. I tore them apart, washed them and tomorrow I'm making placemats with one of them. The fabric is fantastic. Kat's placemats are finished. Well, one set. It's valentine fabric on one side and St. Patrick's fabric on the other.
If the blizzard comes tomorrow, the Xmas stuff/tree is scheduled to go back in the box. Well, that's the plan at this point. We'll see.
I'm calling what follows my beginning of the next part of my life check up. I'm seeing NO Doctors this week. Last Fri. was the last for I hope for a long time. All systems checked out and I know enough about what's going on from upper to lower gi. Heart valves are working, neck arteries are clean, eyes are doing great, knee is doing just fine when I'm nice to it sugar levels are within reason and all is well with the world.
That's it from Hillsdale Dr. for this Monday evening! Sounds like G. Kealer.
Monday, January 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad your health systems are all go. I have my annual check-up in March -- I am expecting nothing out of the ordinary. I did my biennial eye exam last month and all was good. I didn't even need new glasses because the change was so slight. So health systems (except for a few time warps) are OK here.
Post a Comment