This time it's 5 am and of course I'm still at home doing this job. For some reason I wrote on Monday and I guess I forgot to post. The big news...It was a visit to a new knee doctor and the old doc said I needed a completely new knee and he didn't do those and now the new doc says I don't need a completely new knee and he does the partial replacements as well. Yahoo for a bunch of reasons. There is just one side of the tibia that is in trouble. The partial includes a very short opening to work with and the recovery is about 8 weeks. Now that's the good news. I also got another shot of med which will works for 3 months if the injected med. gets to the right place. That certainly didn't happen with the old doc. That sec. injection never did work. Wooo. Thank goodness for friend doc. Tom Woo for pointing me to Doc. Fisher. I waited for a long time to see him. Then last night I was messing on the Internet and typed in partial knee replacement and found a 70 minute partial knee replacement video and watched the whole thing. Wooo...it was interesting to say the least. So many little saws and screw drivers and all kinds of tools. Lots of fun stuff for doctors to use while playing with ones knee.
For some crazy reason unknown to me I had a horrible sleeping night Monday night. Three hrs from 3 to 6 just doesn't do it. Uck, Uck. So yesterday I really faded around 5 pm and Doug suggested Mark Pi. That was a gift. We had a great talk about our coming summer vacation to Copper Harbor.
Yesterday I did a bit of shopping for Michigan grandson's coming birthdays and ended up at Walmart looking for camping stuff. I've replaced our hot water pot which died last summer and looked for replacements for the card table that we pitched in the dumpster before we left Mi. It was a second throw away that Marcia and Dennis had thrown away after one of their camping trips. You know one of those tables with a cardboard top. Very, very old to say the least. Worked for us for quite a few years but it really got rained on last summer. I have a new table spotted, bigger and better and the new last year cheap, cheap electric skillet just didn't work well at all. So...thinking camping. The Linda Smith Copper Harbor resident writes a blog and she said that the snow cover was really small this year and although they have had some warm days it's cloudy and cold right now. The first fly season has started already. Early, early. There are three fly seasons you know.
Well, time to get the paper in, drink a cup of coffee and then walk the garden as soon as it's light. We might have had a deer visit. I noticed the motion detector light was on during the night. I did spray some of the plants to keep those peskie guys out of the flowers. Just a few more annuals to plant. We need hot weather to get everying moving.
Tonight is bell practice. We play Sunday. Then the next Sun. Andrew sings in church. It's the first time for the 3 and 4 year olds to sing. Should be very interesting. It's a new group with our choir director Mark. The children usually need to be 5 to sing in Denises group.
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well, the news is good, I guess -- although I don't think I could manage such a long video about knee surgery. Perhaps when I am due to have it done, I will be as interested as you -- I do like to know what they are going to do to me. I hope all works well. How will the partial knee surgery work in with Copper Harbor?
I'm hoping to do this surgery thing in August after Copper Harbor. If I want to mess with medicine it might even be after Christmas but I really think not.
Post a Comment