Monday, February 8, 2010
Second Slam coming
Well, at least that's the report. 4 to 8 inches starting at midnight and going on till Tues. evening. We'll see. I hit the library for another 9 books on quilt making among other things. Just fun to sit and read. Much cheaper come to think of it. I gave the sewing room a good dusting and cleaning and sorting and it looks so good that I want to enjoy that for a minute or two. Had a request for Naoprene material from Sarah Ellen. She wants to use it to build a brace for one of the little 2 yr old abandoned babies...Debbie...who has a horrible curvature of the spine. It's not sure that Debbie will ever walk. Well, a dive shop donated a dive suit that can be cut up to make a brace. Naoprene is horribly expensive and until we know if this brace will work and not disappear for some crazy Kenyan reason I think this is the way to go. So today I learned about Naoprene. I'm also getting started on another Toys for Kenya project. It's Fisher Price type stuff that will go to a clinic in western Kenya. This may take some doing since getting things to Kenya is becoming exceedingly difficult. So onward and upward. More challenges coming. I'm hoping to involve at least two other churches in the Indy area to pull this off. There are a number of people going to Kenya this summer and this might be our ticket to get trunks of toys on their way. Who knows what tomorrow might bring...well snow for sure but what else. Don't know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment