Friday, December 18, 2009

Finally

I think all my outside committments have been taken care of...Woo, Woo. This has really gotten to me more this year than ever. I just finished ordering the last thing for the grandchildren on Amazon. Wrapping has started and I've even found an easy way to do that. Just put everything for the person in one big box. Wrap the box and it's finished. Well, that's what's happening with the 4 biggest kids. We've passed out gifts to B and B folks the last two Thursdays and there have been so many thank yous. Church folks filled 100 bags at our Advent festival. About 80 bags were filled with a hat I knitted during the year. It's probably the only gift many of our lunch bunch of men will get. They also received a pr. of socks and some toiletries and a bag of candy. All the candles for church are in place including 12 more that I bought for the Advent Wreath for Christmas Eve yesterday. The drafts in the sanctuary are murder on the candles. Costumes for the early children's Christmas service are finished. And all my sewing is finished. That's been fun.

So...now I'm hoping that wrapping will go quickly and I'd love to bake some pasties for Christmas Day. And...it's only the 18th. I'm stopping over at the Patty H. house today for an open house. We took Doris Douglas out to lunch Wed. for her 89th birthday which is Sunday.

I went to see Doc. McSoley today to take another look at my Thyroid. It's in pretty good shape so it will be another year till a visit happens with him. So...it's time to take it easy and forget about what needs to be done because it's DONE! It's me time.

1 comment:

Dee said...

Well, enjoy your ME time.

Although I would not be surprised if your ME time includes some coloring with fabric . . . a little crocheting . . .