Beautiful weather. Yesterday, I raked all of the garden areas in the back of the house. Lots of winter junk and I never clean up the gardens in the fall. Burned the tall grass and tree sticks. Looks like things are really beginning to grow. I dug out a bunch of hosta last fall that were in the sun now that the big tree in the back yard has been gone for a while. The hostas just didn't adjust so it was out of there for them. That brings more area for summer flowers. I moved some flocks, put down preen to keep the weeds down and sprayed the garlic mustard. That stuff is terrible taking over bigger and bigger areas if one doesn't KILL. Next will be the tiller but that can wait for a while. Not worth doing until the ground warms up. Today I'm working at the church but will do the preen weed thing in the courtyard at church. Waiting only makes the job bigger. I'm working on the visuals at church for Earth Day Celebrations on the 20th. Janet Wanner has one more stole and I think that should take care of her until Advent. So the sewing machine is slowing down. The yard work will take care of that real easy. Bell practice tonight.
Buying tickets for the opera today. Sarah Ellen and I are going in a couple of weeks. Yahoo.
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad to see another entry! What opera will it be? Who is doing it?
Post a Comment