Tuesday, April 15, 2008
April 15
Tax day and more importantly...my sister Mary K's birthday. So...Happy Birthday. The weather has been warming up. Today I sprayed more garlic mustard. It's horrible stuff that takes over but it can be killed. Yahoo. I spent about 3 hrs. traveling around to fabric shops. I have been asked by church folks to make a liturgical stole for Lisa who is being ordained this spring. I had some ideas for fabric but struck out at all stores so I'm on to plan two. This stole will take a little time to do if I stick to the plan which I think I probably will do. I'm adding a whole bunch of hand emblishments to the fabric. It's not needed until June. I'm also working on 6 tote bags that will be sold as money makers for our churches Umoja project, the money going to children of western Kenya. Tomorrow I'll be at the church desk answering the phone and then getting ready once again for Thursday soup kitchen work. Bell practice tomorrow night. It seems like the weeks just spin around. Yesterday, Patty and I put Easter back in the closet meaning that all the Easter banners, etc. have been changed into banners for Earth Day celebration next Sunday. Then it's banners for Kenya for two Sundays and then Pentecost. Then Trinity Sunday and finally good old ordinary time. So...we'll be climbing the ladders for a few more weeks. I love it! So...back to sewing again. My hands needed a rest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment