Friday, February 1, 2008

Where is the snow?

The weather guys went nuts yesterday talking about the big snow coming. Well, the 7 inches decided to somewhere else. What a joke. I think we might have gotten 2 at the most. I hope the snowmobiler I saw getting gassed up isn't to disappointed. Poor guy. He did say he was going north if it didn't happen. Look out Michigan.

I've done a little more thinking of what to take to Mexico. Suitcase is about full and I'm getting my money together.

More news out of Kenya. There is little that would say there is a turn to the good in the events of the last week. More families displaced or divided because of tribal issues, homes burned, children abandoned. Health clinics open but not working well. HIV/Aids Meds unable to get to patients. Just so many stories of continued disturbance. My friends are the last two Americans in Eldoret and they are determined to stay at almost any cost. Remember Joe and Sarah Ellen and their Kenyan family of friends as well as those who will work toward a political solution.

This Sunday will be very busy. My visual arts pardoner at church is in Az. for the winter. Ash Wed. is in this coming week and the church colors need to be changed to purple. Help...I'm in Mexico! I recruited some folks that will help me get the job done right after church and also recruited people to get work done while I'm gone. It's like the old job of writing lesson plans when I was teaching so the substitute could carry on. I think it will all hang together. Over the years we've pushed the envelope for high visual expectations and I want that to carry on. It's a good time to enlarge the working pool of people. I'm really going to enjoy this Mexico trip. Yahoo.

No comments: