What a great three days with the Michigan family. Could not have been better. They are always asking about projects and I had a list and it got even better than the list. Fri late afternoon, the at least 25 ft. pine tree half alive and half dead came down. And we...meaning 5 folks other than JB pulled all the branches to the burn pile. JB was the saw guy. It was one hot birthday afternoon. 93 degrees. A cold shower felt wonderful. Doug burned on Sat. Ceiling tile replaced...hose problem fixed...water tank pressurized...cushions added to the kitchen chair legs...a bathroom register was ground down and sanded and repainted...Looks like new. Woo...It was a busy weekend. And...Now...I can forget about thinking about what needs to be fixed. The list is very, very short and that's a good thing. It still remains very hot. Tomatoes are hanging on but not ripening. Bummer. We now can find 13 Monarch caterpillars on the swamp milkweed. I have netting around the plants. The leaves are really being chewed up. Time to make butterflies which will probably happen when we are camping. Tues. I'm spending the day at friend Sarah Ellen's house waiting for repair people. It's something I can do for my Kenya friend. I'll be reading for sure. TV out...Air conditioner out...
Got to keep the Indy fires burning in their house. So...the big thing this weekend is finishing prep for camping. Wed. probably will be the day. for that.
Sunday, July 15, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow! I heard how hard you ALL worked on that tree in the hot weather. You are all go getters. I would say you and Doug are in very good shape. So wonderful. Keep it up. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Post a Comment