Well...more of the same, come to think of it. Yesterday was church. And ice was to be here. Well..it stayed away long enough for us to get to church at the usual time...7 am...with Panera goodies. We were not expecting a lot of neighbor guys but a few did show up. And...the congregation was slim. I think they got spooked thinking about the ice. But...as usual...all the choir folks showed up and the music was stunning with a wonderful arrangement of We Shall Overcome. Brought back so many memories for us who lived through the 60's. I matched in Chicago!!! Sr. minister Dick Hamilton marched in Washington DC. Then another Spiritual. Woo...that place was rocking. So much fun. The two children's choirs also sang some really good old time songs so that meant that Noah and Andrew were on the steps as well. Not to much happening in the afternoon...Thank goodness. Oh, yes...to the Y for 40 minutes. And lots of knitting. Slippers are flying off the needles. The new name...Sweaters for your Feet!!! Oh, yes...at church we had some help with changing the banners from Green to Purple. It's the beginning of Lent Wed...Ash Wed. And today I spent about 3 hrs. finishing up what didn't get done yesterday. Church is so big and the walking is almost unbelievable. Well, that all happened after I went to the Y this morning. But...It's worth it because diabetic numbers continue to be good. Guess I'm beating all that sugar to the great beyond.
Stopped to see Katie Meridith at the Forum...She's a 90 some lady from church and I had questions for her but she didn't have answers. Her brain is really remarkably sharp. Just didn't know what I needed to know about who made a huge crochet banner of the Lord's Prayer. I think someone just donated it and perhaps not even a church member. The theme for Lent is the Lords Prayer...lots of good sermons...study guides...choir singing many settings and more. And I pulled out some really good visuals to support all of that. Just fun to think that way. So...now to the chair with the needles and I'm sure there will be a sleep somewhere.
Monday, February 12, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment