Sat was a fun sort of day. Now hear this...fun because I went to church to work in my visual arts closet sorting 5 lg. tubs of fabric that we use during the year at some point. But the best part of that was that the choir was rehearsing the Mass in Blue...a huge jazz Mass...unbelievable music. Woo...And then I heard it again Sun. morning when it was sung in church. What a treat. And it was Pentecost...so the sanctuary was wrapped in RED and looked it's best.
I finished the new banners Sun. afternoon. And today some of the red came down and the new banners are up. North does a lot to support the Gay Pride movement and these banners are the 6 rainbow colors with words attached that support the mission to LGBT folks. Such as Trust...Celebrate...Love...Freedom...Belong and can't think of the last one.
Now for more Sunday news. The choir music was wonderful and this is a time when Mark...the director usually makes a plug for summer choir at the beginning of the service..So...he started talking about supporting the church...read the vows said at the time membership happens with time,,,talents and financial support being a part of membership...And...I thought...good for you Mark...Great invitation for summer choir. Well...after that...he deviated and said that he wanted to recognize two people who have given 110 years of time to the choir program...Well...my heart did a flip and I'm thinking...Mark's not going where I thought he was going. Yup...he called Doug out of the choir...60 years of committment...and me from the pew...still can't sing because of bronchitis...but it's better...I'm 50 years. I was DUMBFOUNDED...And Doug was as well...Choir folks got info from Jared and Eric about all the stuff that they could remember about being at North with their mother from when they were little. Then the congregation stood and clapped and clapped. My Lord...what a morning. And...the little envelope gift will give us 10 meals at Steak and Shake...How perfect. What a hoot...After church the choir had their yearly picnic...and then home for a few minutes and on to Eric's for a birthday supper. Eric's birthday and now I have a 47 year old son. Woo, woo. That was the day. Did some watering this afternoon...the first day I felt like doing something outside. Got two wicker chairs from the neighbor's throw away pile...and make pillows for them. It's been a very good couple of days and the best part is that I'm feeling much better. 8 weeks of this stuff is enough.
Monday, June 5, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations on your and Doug's many years of commitment to the choir. That is amazing!
Post a Comment