Saturday, March 25, 2017

The horrible terrible very bad bang in the kitchen.

Never heard anything like it and hope to never hear it again.  Watching Butler ball game...and a horrible noise came from the kitchen.  Humm...what could it be.  Well, now I know what the sound is like when the cabinet falls off the wall and slides across the floor with my good dishes...canned goods...cookbooks and some small appliances hit the floor.  And I know how one cleans up the mess.  Snow shovel helps to pick up the dishes...paper towels clean up the virgin oil and soy sauce combination that smears around making the floor brown...and husband is right there working along side picking up the cookbooks.  Woo   A couple of months ago I thought the cupboard looked funny but I forgot about it. I guess that was not a good thing to do.  Well, since the dishes are gone, my choice 50 years ago...I guess I don't need as many storage shelves.  The dented cans look like I found a really good dent sale.  Dishes...my choice matched the same dishes of my mother-in-law...So...I had hers as well.  About 3 months ago...I thought...don't need so many dishes...and I took about  half of them to good will.  Well, Now I'm down to one plate...one cup and one small desert bowl.  Funny what life gives you.  Kimmy/Kat don't need to worry about what to do with my dishes!  They are in the recycle bin in pieces.  Butler lost.  Today...I will think of what to do with the dented cans.  The cookbooks...in the computer room on the shelves which I emptied 3 months ago of children's books saved from teaching.  So...that was last nights events.  Worked in the flowerbeds yesterday with the rake and clippers trimming...more to do with plants popping out of the ground.  Gardening makes me tired for a good reason...Cleaning up cupboard mess just makes me tired.  Win some and some you don't win. Feel very fortunate that no one was in the kitchen with the big ban occurred.  It would have been a hospital visit for sure.  Hickory doors are heavy.  So...life is good.

2 comments:

Jared said...

Wow!! That's horrible.

Mom/Nana Schaard said...

How awful to have that happen. You gave a great description. I could imagine it quite vividly. What an awful mess to clean up...that I can't imagine. So glad no one was out in the kitchen when it happened.