Saturday, March 11, 2017

Back to winter!

It happens from time to time.  Guess this is the time.  No snow now, just cold.  Busy week.  I started a new project that's been on my mind for several years.  Yup...now is the time.  I have been given lots of crewel yarn over the years from projects that people either got tired of or just didn't want to do.  So...lots of colors and lots of yarn.  I just didn't want to throw it away.  And...now the project.  Instead of coloring with fabric...it's coloring with yarn.  From a book that I have from Doris Douglas, I've selected 6 illustrations of flowers that have some special meaning.  Like...the Lilly representing purity...thistle representing sorrow etc.  So...that's been the fun project for the week.  I've finished 4 and want at least 6 flowers.  Then these will be attached to a triangle form and used in the sanctuary this summer.  Something new and easy to do.  So...that's just easy and fun.  Soup kitchen had it's good and bad times this week.  Grr.  Ouch ouch folks.  Choir practice was good.  Fri. evening I helped Beth G serve 35 choir members from Illinois Wesley College their supper.  Great singers...90% were voice performance majors...Golly gee...could they sing.  So beautiful.  Just wonderful.  Today...stitching and coloring with yarn and spending my 40 minutes at the Y.  That's a must now and some days I do an early morning and late afternoon on the treadmill.  Tomorrow is church.

No comments: