Saturday, December 7, 2013

Dec. is here

Georgia trip is over.  I drove both ways stopping every 2 hr. for a stretch for Doug.  I love that kind of traveling.  We left at 5 and arrived in Conyers around 3 pm.  That was Tues.  The rest of the folks got there on Wed. So...those first quiet hrs were wonderful to say the least after a busy, busy weekend of Church stuff.  The rest of the gang arrived from Mi, Tenn, and Texas.  Rick and Dee and I went grocery shopping and did real damage to Rick's C Card.  Woo...thanks to Rick we ate like there would be no food coming.  But come it did.  We managed to put away 9 apple pies, Turkey, S. Joes, Beef Stew, Left over turkey meal thrown into the C Pot.  and more.  Tenn. folks left on Sat. after all of them have recovered from being sick.  Mi. folks left Sun. Tex. also left Sun. and we had another quiet evening leaving Monday morning early.  Again I drove the whole way with Doug sitting in the navigator seat. 
He had a heart doc. appointment Fri.  Stents are doing well but another blockage is appearing now at 50%.  I didn't go with him because I also have a horrendous head infection.  I will go to his next appointment with questions which is in about 4 weeks.   So...I was off to the doc also on Fri.  Started in Georgia with a sore throat as well!  So...it's more pills for me.  This is getting old to say the least.  Snow arrived yesterday.  Not much but all is white.  Today I'm feeling well enough to head to church to finish up all the decorating that wasn't done last Sun.  I'm feeling now like it's finished and looking good.  Of course no one would not have thought it wasn't finished before.  Now it's quiet time until we're off to Panera around 8:00.  I'm lovin my chair and blanket with hot coffee. 

1 comment:

Penny S. said...

Glad you all had so much fun in GA. So nice that you all gather together there. I am praying for you both to feel better soon!