Monday, October 14, 2013

Busy, busy

This morning we leave of Indianapolis after a wonderful 4 days with Jared B and family.  The weather has been just perfect.  Low humidity days and temps in the low 70's at the most.  So...what did we do.  Jared cut down at least 30 trees in the three days we've been here.  And...the other three of us got those trees to the burn piles...huge burn piles and that has been most of the entertainment.  Woo...what a difference the second of two brush acres looks.  Big difference for sure.  I've been really impressed with the amount of work that has been going on clearing both trash woods.  Last night Kimmy and I raked and burned leaves and a huge amount of sticks from the east side of the house which they had been clearing for about a month.  We pretty much finished the west "woods" but I'm sure there will be some watching and trimming up of grapevines as well as other little, little stuff.  That Kimmy can work!  Jared is not much of a slacker as well.  The kids have been fun to be with.  They play in the barn for hours with their neighbor Nick.  I mean hours!  It's been a real treat being here.  The kids are off to school this morning...Jared back to work and Kimmy I'm sure will be outside with her rake and loppers with Eli along side.  We'll be on the road soon back to Indy where I can check on my onion crop with the weed killer.  Ugh! 

No comments: