Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Vacation and more

This years vacation was the best ever. So many laughs and so many memories. The 5 little guys were just a barrel of monkeys to say the least. Jared and Kimmy were right next door with Kat and Eric about 6 campsites away. It was pancakes for just about every day for the Michigan family. So much conversation and a laugh every morning. The weather was perfect with high perhaps in the 70's somewhere and the evenings were less than that for sure. Sleeping bags felt good on at least 2 nights. Doug and I ate lots of smoked salmon with a pasty now and then. Not much cooking on my part except breakfast. We hit the restaurant on some occasions. Great Sandbay and Superior were sure winners in my book. Good talk with Leslie and Dennis...lots of laughs with Marcia and another Dennis. Trips to the icecream shop happened every evening as well. We took two days for the trip going and coming home. I think I was at least 10 million corn stocks, huge wind farms in Northern Indiana and more trees the numbers infinate. Most of the camping stuff is packed away although the garage needs a good clean out. I've been to meetings to many to count or so it seems. The Indiana routine hit me in the face full bore two hours after arriving home. Today...wed...was a huge all day event with Doris Douglas as she lecture about litergical banners to about 80 folks gathered in the sanctuary at North. She talked about 12 banners and filled an hour with lots of information. Doris and I were treated at Woodstock for lunch with 4 very interesting ladies, two of her old friends and 2 new to her and I as well. Tomorrow is soup kitchen. Wow...the Indy routine has hit me full in the face. Just 50 more weeks is what we have told the kids and we're back in the UP. Fun, fun.

No comments: