Friday, August 28, 2009

Another week

It's friday and I'm spending the afternoon at the front desk at church for Nancy Sala. She needed to go to a funeral so I'm here knitting and playing on the computer. I picked up the Pfaff sewing machine this morning and had a few lessons just to get started like how to thread the machine and fill the bobbins. I did a hem and it's a beautiful machine. More play time tonight. Yest erday was Soup Kitchen. We had a good number of people with plenty of help. I ordered a huge shipment of food for the soup kitchen and put that on the shelves in the afternoon. That's enough work for at least three people but I always think...slow and easy will get the job finished. And I did get it done. Farmers Mkt. McDonalds and then first choir practice. That's always fun. I think tomorrow is going to be a fairly simple day. More play time. Sunday is the same. After a late Sat. run to Panera we'll get the hospitality time going Sunday morning. There is a big church dinner after church one reason it's the start of the new fall season for the church and there is a huge capital fund campaign coming about. Some major stuff needs to be completed like foundation drainage problems among the list of to do things. It would appear that all the foundations need to be redug with new drainage needing to be put in place. It's huge, huge,huge bucks. We have had major flooding in the building this summer and it's not the first time for a water mess. We'll learn how many dollars Sun at the dinner. Monday evening is the last Umuja meeting before the carnival next Sat. The youth of central Indiana are hoping to raise $16,000.00 for tuitions and other school support items for 50 western Kenya kids orphaned or vunerable by HIV/Aids. We have ambitious Central Indiana kids. Last year they raised 8,000 at the carnival.

No comments: