Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Vacation

4 more sleeps and we're on our way to the UP. Yahoo. Today I finished the first play mat for Kat and the nursery at church. Wow...I really spent a whole bunch of hours on that one. I think it will keep the babies from lying on the carpet and they should enjoy all the flowers, textures and bright colors. The curtain for the nursery is also finished. There is one more play mat to do. It has most of the sewing machine work finished but there is a whole bunch of hours with hand work. That's really the part I like. Well, I like both things. I'm taking the mat on vacation because that's something I can do during the day and I'm out of time to get it finished before we go. Way to many other things that need my time right now concerning camping gear as well as the usual during the week things. Tomorrow morning is the desk volunteer job at church. In the afternoon I'm picking up some supplies for a job I will do for Greenspace. Thursday morning is Bread and Bowl and in the afternoon is an eye doctor appointment. Kat and Eric and Andrew went to Ill. and we kept the dog. Makes me remember all the good things about a dog and all the bad things...dog hair. Pepper was very good. Tonight I'm getting my pants and shirts out to see what I have to pack. Camp kitchen is finished and some food is in the plastic container. It's just nice to have a few things ready to get us started.

No comments: