Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thursday 7/17

So far...great week. Started with that big birthday on Sunday. We went to Mark Pis for lunch. Great food. Monday of course worked in the garden once again. It's looking great but have a few holes developing because some of the first bloom is off the plants. Tuesday friend Doris Douglas had 15 people to her house for lunch. Most of the folks were Bread and Bowl workers with a few neighbors thrown in. The weather was perfect and we ate on the patio. Great food and great company.

Yesterday Kat and I went to the fabric store to purchase fabrics to decorate the nursery at church. Kat is working with Janet Wanner, North's children's education person, on this project. It's painting...mural painting and new curtains, bibs, and playmats. The theme is the creation so there will be animals and flowers and night and day etc painted. The person painting is the same girl that did the murals in Andrew's room. I'm making the playmats, curtains and bibs as a starter. Don't know the rest but this will keep me busy, busy. Super, super. The sewing room floor is littered already. The play mats are dark green fabric with huge colorful flowers stitched on top. I have five flowers already completed and 15 more to go if Kat likes what's happening so far. The valence is pretty shades of yellow that go well with the walls and will have clouds and birds stitched to the fabric. I call this kind of sewing coloring with fabric. It's fun to see what comes out of my head. Surprise, surprise. I like color and Kat likes texture so it's a good combination of likes. I'm anxious to get this finished because the date for completion of the nursery is Aug. 24 with a two week vacation and surgery also smushed into that period of time. So it's finish I hope before vacation. If not, I'll have a week after we get home from Michigan.

Today is soup kitchen. We got nothing from Kroger so it's crackers with the soup and fruit for dessert. Won't be a favorite meal for the folks but it's food in the tummy.
The folks want sweets and that means anything with tons of frosting. Fruit is not their favorite thing. Then it's more sewing this afternoon. Tomroow Mary K is taking me out to lunch for my birthday. What a great big sister. I've been told I'll always be the baby of the family even at age 70. What's the world coming to?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

70 years old... my my my. Dad's still a young 69 or at least soon to be. See you in just a few days, very exciting.