Thursday, September 5, 2019
Time flies!!!
Beautiful fall days for the last of August and now Sept. Cool in the morning...70's in the afternoon. Still eating dinners on the patio with wonderful salads now filled with tomatoes and cucumbers. Yum. Attended an Umoja meeting, planning a huge fund raising dinner in Nov. Made 50 cloth napkins out of beautiful bright Kenyan prints. Beautiful decorating addition to the tables. The dinner is at North church with at least 200 people attending Nov. 24th.. The garden continues to be beautiful with zinnia, black eyed Susan's and more. But...there are two huge blue garbage cans at the road this morning filled with clippings. It's the beginning of fall clean up. I continue to work with Monarch butterflies having released more than 30 with at least 30 more to come. Those little creatures are HUGE milkweed eaters so off to Central Park almost every day to refresh the supply. It's a wonderful thing to see them unfold when they emerge. It's one of those miracle things. I attended our monthly Herb meeting last night, taking them with me and perhaps a few more people will be interested in helping Monarch's along. Choir starts tonight. I decided to take give myself a few more months sitting in the pew. Sundays are so busy with our hospitality work setting up coffee and pastries from Panera, and then off to the choir room at some point. Not always happy to rush, rush. So...simple is what I'm doing until sometime in Nov. I would much rather be available to welcome new folks at the west desk. Showing them around the church if time allows and then taking them to the sanctuary. Big churches can be intimidating for some. So...No rushing, no chance of being late to my choir seat. No pressure. That's about it for now. Oh yes...3-13 continues every evening after supper .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment