Wednesday, September 2, 2015

September 2nd.

New season coming this month.  Movin' along.  Warmer days are here but just in the low 90's.  Not bad.  We've had a wonderful summer of great temps and rain at the right time..  Nothing to high.  Today I looked around the garden again.  I haven't done that for a while with some sewing and knitting getting my attention.  Today was an outside day.  Decided to UTube gathering zinnia seeds.  So out to the garden to find the best zinnia heads to gather.  There were many, many.  Most of the large zinnia plants came from collected seeds so I'll continue the process.  I have a basket full that are drying out on the picnic table.  Zinnias love to grow up until the frost if the bad blooms are taken off.  Such fun to be working where the butterflies kept me entertained.

 Did some baking this afternoon with Colendula orange cookies. Another herb. One actually pulls the peddles from the flower and adds them to the cookie dough.  Adds a bit of color to the cookie.  Then another Michigan wild blueberry scone.  Half is in the freezer.  Half in our stomachs.  Then it was Pesto with wonderful Basil from the garden.  That's also in the freezer.  It seems to keep better where we can't eat it.  And lastly...icemint tea.  Woo, woo.  It's been a fun day.  Tomorrow Daughter-in-law Kat will have a hernia repaired.  She cleans in her apartment complex.  Tuesday morning I helped her clean 13 entrances.  Woo...the sweeper is heavy and that was my job.  Not a good idea for her to lift things.  She worked part of the stuff and I worked the rest.  And we gother done!   I have a lot of respect for what she does.  I'll be helping her after surgery.

Tomorrow is bread and bowl and choir practice starts in the evening.  Then Friday we're off to Michigan to learn about honey harvesting.  THAT should be fun.

No comments: