Sunday, April 11, 2010
Sunday Eve.
Goodness almost a week has slipped away. The weather has been beautiful so it's out in the flowerbeds getting things spruced up. There are so many perennials up. Such fun to see what's going to hop out of the ground in the spring. Last summer I cleaned out most of the daylily bed. It was almost a dud at that point. I did keep one on each end of that bed but filled in with some new plants. All but one made it through the winter. I've added more from other beds and it's time to edge the bed which I didn't do much of last summer. I'll add some annuals to keep the color going. Five beds are finished and ready to go and there are three more that need work. One of the three is going to be closed down to ivy and hostas only. Wooo...there are a lot of flowerbeds when I stop and think about it. My knee is holding it's own for most of the time. Yahoo. Yesterday we went to Noah's first birthday party. Andrew is just precious and polite right along with Noah. It was a fun afternoon seeing them play in their home setting. Food was good. Tomorrow Doug is getting his left eye lasered. The right one came through in great shape. I hope for his sake the eye problems now have been eliminated. His cataracts grew back fast and furious. That happens for some eyes and Doug had it happen to him. Tomorrow I hope to work outside again. It's such satisfying work to see things in good shape again. It helps to have the deer eating somewhere else as well. They did love the asparagus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment